Privacy Notice & Cookies Policy
Mycorrhizal Systems Ltd (MSL) is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our web site, subscribers to our newsletter and to those that contact us through our webform or by email. Here you’ll find information on how we treat data that we collect from website visitors, newsletter subscribers and those who enquire about their suitability for truffle cultivation. We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Visitors to our Website
When someone visits https://plantationsystems.com or https://mycorrhizalsystems.com we may use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site so that we know what information is of most interest to people. This information is processed in an anonymous was and the data collected does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
Newsletter Sign Up
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect your email and name (if you choose to provide it). We will only send you news relevant to MSL and truffles and we will not send you this unless you have opted-in to receive it. We do not rent or trade email lists to other organisations and businesses or make your details public.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Samantha Ellis at email@example.com.
- All stored prospective customer and interested parties email address lists i.e. newsletter contact lists have been emailed directly and have been explicitly required to ‘opt-in’ through a double confirmation process in order to remain on that list.
- It is clearly noted on the opt-in email that people are agreeing to receive updates and news about Mycorrhizal Systems Ltd (MSL) and truffle related news.
- People will not be sent newsletter or marketing information unless they are explicitly on that list.
- An unsubscribe link is present on every newsletter (readily and overtly offering the right to withdraw consent).
- People can easily be removed from the list on request by emailing our data protection officer Samantha Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org (readily offering the right to withdraw consent).
- Details are kept in a password protected mail management software – MailChimp – that has restricted access to relevant MSL staff members.
Completing the contact form and email enquiries
When you complete information in the contact form on our website or email us your information directly, including personal information such as name, email address and location, this may be recorded and held in a CRM system (a database that helps us manage enquiries, customers and contacts). The CRM system that we use is BASE and their privacy notice can be found here. Your information is never sold or rented to third parties or made public. Your information is used to make us better able to assist with your enquiries. You can ask for a copy of the details we have recorded for you or for your details to be removed at any time by contacting our data protection officer Samantha Ellis at email@example.com.
- MSL uses BASE CRM system to manage and record information about prospective and actual customers.
- The information recorded in the CRM system may include such personal and identifying information as names, company name, telephone numbers, email addresses, physical address, maps and land availability details, as well as information relevant to the prospective site’s suitability for truffles e.g. pH, soil type etc.
- The information collected and recorded is limited to that openly discussed with the enquirer / customer and no covert data gathering or tertiary data matching is conducted by or on behalf of MSL.
- The data is recorded only for the reasonably expected purpose of assessing whether a site is suitable for MSL’s product (truffle inoculated trees) and details of any subsequent purchase.
- The data is processed only for the purpose of providing information that is strictly relevant to the enquiry made e.g. Scottish enquirers may be informed that we are holding a free seminar in Scotland.
- General marketing and newsletter emails will not be sent to contacts stored in the CRM unless they’ve explicitly opted in to receive this type of information.
- Customer information will be kept for a period of 40 years due to life cycle of the product (truffle inoculated trees) and the fact that customer decisions and actions maybe partially based on advice given by a member of MSL staff and it is necessary to refer to this advice.
- Prospective customer information will be kept for a period of 5 years, this period is based on the company’s previous experience that 5 years is a reasonable lead time from initial enquiry to purchase of a product i.e. it is not unreasonable for it to take 5 years to pass through the stages of initial enquiry, land acquisition/availability, fund raising, grant application, site preparation and order confirmation.
- MSL can easily and quickly comply with requests around Article 15 (right of access) and Article 17 (right to erasure) using the CRM software, please contact our data protection officer Samantha Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Web Sites
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold on you and you have the right to update or remove this information. Email your request to our data protection officer Samantha Ellis at email@example.com or write to us at:
Mycorrhizal Systems Ltd
First Floor Office Suite
6-10 Hough Lane
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and may update it without notice. This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Help us to understand how well our website is working
- Help us to understand which content is most interesting for people
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.